If you’re looking for a tousled, rock and roll-inspired hairstyle that’s quick and easy to achieve, a shaggy cut might be just what you need. This versatile and trendy hairstyle works well for medium-to-long, straight hair and is loved by women of all ages. With its effortless and picture-perfect appearance, a shaggy haircut can give you that edgy and boho vibe you’ve always wanted.
So, how do you achieve this coveted shaggy look? Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Start with the right base: For a shaggy hairstyle, your hair should be cut to a medium length, ideally reaching the shoulders or slightly longer. If you have a round face shape, consider adding some bangs to balance out your features.
- Part your locks: To achieve the shaggy look, you’ll need to create a deep side parting. This will add volume to your hair and give it that effortless and undone appeal.
- Coconut oil for a shiny finish: Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your hair to keep it shiny and healthy-looking. This will also help to neutralize any frizz or flyaways.
- Leave some strands loose: When styling your hair, don’t worry about making it look perfectly put together. Leave a few strands of hair loose and sweep them to the side or back for a more natural and relaxed look.
- Use a texturizing product: To add more volume and texture to your locks, use a texturizing product like sea salt spray or a texturizing powder. Apply it to the roots of your hair and scrunch it in for added texture.
- Don’t forget the layers: A shaggy hairstyle is all about the layers. Ask your stylist to add some finely razored layers throughout your hair, as this will give it that full and voluminous look.
- Blow dry for extra volume: When blow drying your hair, flip your head upside down to add volume at the roots. Use a round brush to lift your hair and create more body.
- Experiment with different partings: Play around with different partings to find the one that suits you best. A center parting can give you a more classic and chic look, while a side parting adds a touch of boho elegance.
- Add bangs for versatility: If you want to switch up your look, consider adding some bangs to your shaggy hairstyle. Side-swept bangs or blunt bangs can give you a completely different vibe.
- Finish with a straightener: To smooth out any kinks or waves, use a straightener to keep your shaggy hairstyle looking polished and well-defined. Be sure to use a heat protectant product before using any heat styling tools.
There you have it – a step-by-step guide to achieving a stylish shaggy hairstyle for long straight hair. With a little product and some effort, you can rock this trendy and versatile look that’s perfect for any occasion, from the office to a night out on the town.
Explore the Wavy Shag Style
The wavy shag hairstyle is a charming and stylish option for those with long, straight hair. With its effortless and natural appeal, it’s no wonder why so many people love this look. Whether you’re a brunette or a bronde, short or long, the wavy shag can be customized to suit your personal style.
Why Choose the Wavy Shag?
There are many reasons why the wavy shag is a popular choice among hairstylists and individuals alike. Here are just a few:
- Low-maintenance: The wavy shag requires minimal styling and upkeep.
- Versatile: It suits different hair lengths, from medium to long.
- Effortless: The loose waves and shaggy layers give off that “bedhead” look.
- Stylish: The wavy shag is a modern take on the classic shag hairstyle.
- Natural: This hairstyle embraces the natural texture of your hair.
How to Achieve the Wavy Shag
To achieve the wavy shag hairstyle, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Part your hair in the middle or slightly off-center.
- Apply a small amount of lightweight styling product, such as a coconut oil spray, throughout your hair to add shine and enhance the waves.
- Using a curling iron or wand, curl sections of your hair away from your face. Alternatively, you can use heatless methods like braiding your hair overnight for a more natural look.
- Spritz your curls with a flexible-hold hairspray to maintain the shape.
- Run your fingers through your hair to break up the curls and create a more lived-in, tousled look.
Tips for the Perfect Wavy Shag
To ensure your wavy shag looks marvelous, here are some additional tips:
- Keep the layers throughout your hair at a medium to long length.
- Consider adding some highlights to give your hair a dimensional look.
- Rock a side-swept bang or choppy fringe to add some edge to your shag.
- For a Parisian-inspired look, opt for a bronde or brunette color.
- Make sure your hair is shoulder-length or longer to achieve the full effect of the shag.
With these tips and techniques, you’re sure to achieve a stylish and carefree wavy shag hairstyle that perfectly balances a classic and modern aesthetic. Embrace the natural waves and enjoy the versatility of this popular hairstyle!
Add Golden Highlights for a Touch of Glamour
If you want to take your stylish shaggy hairstyle to the next level, consider adding some golden highlights for a touch of glamour. Highlighting your hair not only adds depth and dimension but also brings out the texture and movement of your shaggy layers.
To achieve this look, you will need:
- A feathering iron or a medium-sized curling iron
- Golden highlight hair dye
- A hairbrush
- Some hair clips
- Start by sectioning your hair. Divide it into a top section and a bottom section.
- Take a small section from the bottom section and finely highlight it with the golden hair dye. Be sure to brush through the section to distribute the color evenly. Clip the section away.
- Repeat this process with the remaining sections in the bottom section of your hair.
- Once you have finished with the bottom section, release the top section of your hair and repeat the highlighting process.
- After you have highlighted all the desired sections of your hair, let the dye process according to the instructions on the hair dye packaging.
- Once the dye has processed, rinse it out thoroughly and apply a color-protecting conditioner.
- To style your hair, use a feathering iron or a medium-sized curling iron to create loose, wispy waves. Start from the middle of your hair and curl towards the ends, leaving the roots straight for a natural look.
- Once your waves are in place, use your fingers to gently tousle and separate them for a shaggy, textured effect. You can also use a texturizing spray to add more definition.
- Finish off your look with a light mist of hairspray to hold everything in place.
The golden highlights will add a touch of warmth and shine to your shaggy hairstyle, giving it a glamorous and trendy look. Whether you have long, straight hair or auburn locks, the golden highlights will adapt to any hair color and skin tone.
So, if you want a hairstyle that oozes style and sophistication, consider adding golden highlights to your shaggy haircut. It’s an easy and effective way to refresh your look and add a touch of glamour that will make you stand out from the crowd.